GET OUT THE VOTE SPECIAL CALL TO ACTION
Help change the dangerous direction in which this country is heading!
Palm Beach Indivisibles has an exciting new "Neighbor Network for Good Government" program to Get Out The Vote in Palm Beach County, Florida!
We need YOU to make it happen!
There is nothing more important that you can do to defend our democracy than to vote and to help Get Out The Vote! EVERY SEAT, EVERY ELECTION!
- A close election can come down to one vote or a coin toss! Every vote counts! November will be here quickly and there is a lot you can do RIGHT NOW!
- Did you know that many of your neighbors who are registered Democrats don’t vote in every election (so-called “warm” Dems) and that they may not vote in November?
- Statistics show that if we can get even a small number of these “warm” Dems to turn out in November, we can make a real difference in all races, from the U.S. Senate to the Governor, as well as all the seats up for election in the state legislature.
- Statistics also show that the best way to encourage people to vote is by face to face contact in social settings.
WHAT IS THE NEIGHBOR NETWORK FOR GOOD GOVERNMENT?
- Initially, it is a network of committed registered Palm Beach County Democrats who consistently vote in federal, state and local elections (so-called “hot” Dems).
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE NEIGHBOR NETWORK?
- To develop a network of “hot” Dems to host small gatherings of their neighbors who are “warm” Dems to make sure these inconsistent voters commit to vote in November (and in the August primaries). Ultimately, some of these “warm” Dems may host gatherings of other “warm” Dems in their neighborhoods.
WHAT WILL YOU HAVE TO DO?
- There are two ways for you to help—you can do one or both—find a friend to co-host with you!
--Invite your neighbors who are “hot” Dems to small gatherings in your home, community center or other nearby public space to help develop a network of hosts.
--Host one or more small gatherings of your neighbors who are “warm” Dems in your home, community center or other nearby public space to listen to these neighbors, discuss shared values and encourage them to commit to vote in November (and in the August primaries).
- PBIn will make it easy. We will provide the names, addresses and other contact information of friendly, like-minded “hot” and “warm” Dems in your gated community, condo association or neighborhood. We will also provide a simple guide for hosting gatherings.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF THE PROGRAM?
- To obtain signed vote by mail (VBM) forms at all gatherings (having a VBM ballot significantly increases the likelihood of a vote).
- To obtain commitments from “warm” Dems to vote in November (and in the August primaries) and to remain in touch so they stay motivated to vote.
- To develop a network of hosts from among “hot” Dems. Ultimately, “warm” Dems who are inspired by the gathering they attend may also want to serve as hosts.
- To work together as neighbor team throughout the entire election season to increase voter turn-out and share turn-out results among group members.
We need YOU to work with PBIN to make this effort a success and increase the turnout in November!
To host a neighborhood gathering or help us find hosts, please contact Ron Matzner at RSVPPBIN@gmail.com
Have questions about voting? Check out our Voting FAQ page! Thank you, Jerry Kornbluth, for compiling this information!